We reach 6 out of 10 adults in Greater Lynchburg every month
With a full range of print and digital products, the Lynchburg Media Group offers advertisers the most robust and economical means of reaching consumers across Region 2000. Our media footprint includes the dominant daily newspaper (The News & Advance), two award-winning weekly papers (The Nelson County Times and the Amherst New Era Progress), key websites (Newsadvance.com, the-burg.com, nelsoncountytimes.com neweraprogress.com) , niche and non-subscriber publications, as well as cutting-edge digital solutions in mobile marketing, e-mail and social media. Each week our measured print and digital media reach nearly 6-out-of-10 adults in the Lynchburg metro market.
Located in central-Virginia, the Lynchburg area is a vibrant and charming community located in the eastern foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Here, along the banks of the scenic James River, you will find endless opportunity for adventure, entertainment, amusement, relaxation, and more. Voted by Forbes in 2010 as #28 best places for Business and Careers.
Eight of 11 Virginia metropolitan areas had higher than average economic growth last year.The U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) reported Tuesday that the local economies of 366 metro areas across the nation grew an average of 2.5 percent in 2010 after declining 2.5 percent in 2009. The survey was based on each area’s gross domestic product (GDP), the total value of goods and services. Of the 366 regions surveyed 304, or 83 percent, showed increased GDP in 2010 Lynchburg: $8.74 billion, 196th, up 3.5 percent
- US News & World Report: 5 Star Rating for Central Virginia Training Center and Westminster-Canterbury for Best Nursing Himes (2011)
- National Geographic: Lynchburg listed as one of the Top Adventure Towns ( 2010)
- Digital Communities: #2 Top digital cities in America, 30,000-74,999 (2010)
- Forbes: #28 for Best Places for Business & Careers (March 2010)
- Newsweek: E.C. Glass High School and Heritage High School listed among “America’s Best High Schools” (2010)
- Sperling’s Best Places: #9 Most Secure U.S. Places, Mid-Size Cities (2010)
- CNN Money.com: Best Places to Launch a Small Business (November 2009)
- Kiplinger.com: #1 Reader’s Choice Top 25 Cities (2009)
- American Public Transportation Award: Greater Lynchburg Transit Company won the 2009 Outstanding Public Transportation System
- Virginia School Board Association’s Green School Challenge: Lynchburg City School won top honor for its size (November 2009)